TELL YOUR MOM I WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO PAY HER, HAD THE RIMJOB BEEN OF HIGHER QUALITY

Friday, October 07, 2005

A History Of Violence

Sucked. Really terrible. Critics ignored 'The Brood' when it came out, a unique, suspenseful, frightening, smart, darkly funny and deeply satisfying movie. But when Cronenburg deep sixes any personal style and emits a craftsmanlike snooze with some terrible performances (William Hurt, take a bow, as the least convincing gangster since the cast of 'Mobsters'), poor writing, and just in general boring as watching paint dry (I was amazed at the actual running time, because it seemed at least twenty minutes longer), critics take notice. They like it. They think it's intelligent, fascinating, etc. It's not, it's sad watching a major talent fall flat on his face. All the panty shots and noses driven into brains aren't going to change my mind, and those are two of my favorite things.

I'll write a longer review later, when I am less disgusted.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home