TELL YOUR MOM I WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO PAY HER, HAD THE RIMJOB BEEN OF HIGHER QUALITY

Friday, January 28, 2005

Hat's Off, And Even Your Fish Thing Seems To Work

I just got a promotional package featuring, among others I may write about later, The Aluminum Knot Eye 'Trunk Lurker' CD. I don't really have the time to go into it now (I'm at work), but I will say this; the second song 'Scales In The Tub', is a monster, I can recommend whole heartedly. I'm not totally familiar with the contents of the remainder of the disc yet, but the aforementioned song seems shorter on the art noise then the rest, but with enough dabbled in there for it to be very interesting. Sounding like vintage Horrors stomp, cross bred with Cramps thud, effortlessly dropping into a proto Hart Gledhill occasional Beefheart growl, the song crawls along with ugly tension. Three quarters of the way through, the instruments drop out, leaving the vocalist to do his lone Interior/Cave howl over a perfect, simple drum beat, before the song returns to it's drunken groove with impressive ease. Great song.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home