TELL YOUR MOM I WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO PAY HER, HAD THE RIMJOB BEEN OF HIGHER QUALITY

Monday, January 03, 2005

Don't Go Girl Crazy

I just don't understand the Dictators. It all sounds great on paper, various lowbrow wrestling fans (with the writing pedigree, no less) playing unpretentious proto punk. Sign me up. But, how come when I listen to it, it's just boring goddamned hard rock? 'Go Girl Crazy' is boring, overrated record. Yeah, I get it, nyuck, nyuck, nyuck they covered 'I Got You Babe', really funny, what, you want a fucking medal? 'Teengenerate' has some of the worst lyrics I've ever had the deep displeasure of coming across. And yeah, thanks, I understand the concept of someone intentionally being dumb and something being stupid in a smart way, but The Dictators are too far gone on the wrong side of those particular lines. What was so novel about doing a third rate Who ripoff in the first place? Yeah, fine I'll grant you that '(I Live For) Cars And Girls' isn't a bad song, but it's nothing that the Flamin' Groovies hadn't done a hundred times better in the first place.

And Christ, don't get me started on 'Bloodbrothers', what a lousy fucking record that is.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home