TELL YOUR MOM I WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO PAY HER, HAD THE RIMJOB BEEN OF HIGHER QUALITY

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

I No Longer Have To Worry About The Tree

Work allowed me to leave and go down to a tree lot and select a tree. This is much better then having to do it on my own time, which admittedly, isn't very valuable. I drove up and picked out a good looking tree, gave them my company's address, and high tailed it back to work. A few hours later two guys who smelled like Christmas and wore big overalls dropped the tree off next to the receptionist, and to set it up in the ugly red work stand that has been languishing in the supply closet. Various employees actually complimented me on the selection. I'm not used to getting a compliment that isn't horribly condescending or sarcastic, so I'm on my toes now.

It got me to thinking, my favorite Christmas song would have to be Phil Spector's production of Darlene Love's 'Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)', another song that the numbnuts in the New Bomb Turks managed to totally fuckup with their typical m.o. of doing a generic cover, as not to disrupt the cohesiveness of their generic records. James Brown's various Christmas songs are certainly no slouch, but something about Spector's lush production and the choir of backing vocals make the prospect of the coal I'm going to receive in my stocking less unappealing.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home