TELL YOUR MOM I WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO PAY HER, HAD THE RIMJOB BEEN OF HIGHER QUALITY

Sunday, November 28, 2004

The Fall-Outs 'Sleep'

So after getting many recommendation of a record I already had in my collection and hadn't listened to in more then half a decade, I decided to give The Fall-Outs 'Sleep' LP a spin. Keep in mind, I went into this enterprise with patience, tolerance, an open mind, a kind heart, and a sincere desire to enjoy what I heard. It only half worked. While not a bad record, 'Sleep' isn't going to get many repeat plays around the dark, alarmingly dirty, joyless hovel I call home. The Fall-Outs sounds like a friendlier version of The Night Kings. It's tasteful and cohesive, but lacks the menace I look for. I hope that doesn't sound like I'm being harsh, because I'm not attempting to be - it's just that my own personal preference/cross to bear tend towards the uglier side of the spectrum. The Fall-Outs' certainly do not suck, and the fun they sound like they are having is infectious. They've got some creative arrangements, keep things moving, the record doesn't contain any filler, and even though occasionally (like 'Spies') the various instruments don't really seem to successfully coalesce, the record is totally consistent. But it's not my cup of tea.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home