TELL YOUR MOM I WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO PAY HER, HAD THE RIMJOB BEEN OF HIGHER QUALITY

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Least Favorite Velvet Undergroud Album Track

'New Age', just because the mental picture of Lou Reed singing it nowadays it almost too much to bear. I don't like the song that much to begin with (and I dig ballads), but something about the song just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's the phrasing of the lyrics, hey Lou, we know you like Delmore Swartz, dickhead, but don't let him encourage you too much, okay? I like the bridge, the organ fading out, blah blah blah, almost makes you forget the rest of it. Almost.

Speaking of which, it's probably too obvious to state but:

No Mo Tucker = No Velvet Underground

So, change the title up there to:

Least Favorite Half-Assed Lou Reed Track Masquerading As A Velvet Underground Song On Their Worst Record

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home